Go into any American ‘traditional’ restaurant and you’ll see salads like this one listed under the dinner heading. Admittedly, there’s only one salad that I’ve ever ordered as a meal, and the following version is not it. My bride and baby girl, on the other hand, have enjoyed Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad (or something similar) at countless restaurant tables.
My version, albeit simple quick and easy, received the coveted thumbs-up from both of the ladies in my life even though I reduced the amount of pasta slightly from what usually is delivered to the table by a waiter. (Hey, they’re on a diet and I almost ruined it with last week’s Crispy Flautas w/ Crema Avocado.) Needless to say, this was the least I could do for them.
Want to receive notifications of my Confessions, Chronicles and recipes in your email? Just click here. I’d also love for you to join me on Facebook (click the ‘like’ button), Pinterest and Google+. Why not witness some of my Instagram antics too?
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 4 cups (packed) - Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup (dry) - Penne pasta, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 2 cups (about ½ lb.) - Cooked chicken breast strips
- 4 TB - Caesar salad dressing
- 2 TB - Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Toss all ingredients (chicken can be mixed in warm or cold). Finish off with freshly ground black pepper and croutons, if desired.