Most people would chalk up a chili-stained silk shirt as an unfortunate incident. When said blotch comes two bites prior to a glob of mustard to the pants, it becomes a bad lunch.
But not for me.
After tweaking my Fiery Jalapeno Relish, I was bound and determined to celebrate the new baseball season in ballpark style (sans the suds) – at the office.
Sure, I wore my lunch for the remainder of the afternoon and it’ll cost me extra at the dry cleaners this week. But the zesty combination of spicy-tart with a tiny hint of sweet had me crying. Joyful tears.
Use this condiment wherever you might use pickle relish – on a hot dog or hamburger, or as an add-in to deviled eggs or potato salad.
Want to receive notifications of my Confessions, Chronicles and recipes in your email? Just click here. I’d also love for you to join me on Facebook (click the ‘like’ button), Pinterest and Google+. Why not witness some of my Instagram antics too?
Fiery Jalapeno Relish
- 1 cup – Pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 TB – Liquid from pickled jalapenos
- 2 – Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – Chipotle en adobo
- 1 – Dried chile de arbol (or 1 tsp cayenne)
- 1 TB – Onion powder
- 1 TB – Chile powder, preferably ancho chile powder
- 2 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until finely diced.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- You're welcome.